Sunday, April 16, 2017

Be Proud of Yourself

I saw Macbeth last Thursday. I got the chance to see a matinee show as well as the evening show. You may recall that I ranted several weeks ago about knowing your lines. Well, I'm not going to call out anyone in particular because I don't like to name drop but, the director should be incredibly proud of her cast. They did amazing. Seven performances in 2 days. Pretty darn amazing. When you have something to be proud of, be proud. Also, those of us in theatre get a very unique opportunity. In film and TV, when the director tells cut, that's it. You don't get to do it again. In theatre, however, you get that chance. My friend gave notes and made changes from the matinee to the evening show. It tightens things up, it keeps it fresh, it clarifies things, etc. Embrace that. It's okay. Okay, so who's ready for some more onstage mishaps? You know I love them. Next week, I have stories of actors using inappropriate language, one onstage and one off with her mic still on.

No comments:

Post a Comment