Friday, March 24, 2017

The Importance of Diction

Through all my years in theatre classes, all my teachers (one in particular) stressed diction and enunciation. It took me a while to understand why. I did finally get it. The other night, I was watching "The Voice" and the subject of diction came up. It dawned on me that those that just starting out in their theatre journey might not grasp the importance of diction and enunciation so let me lay it out. Without proper diction and enunciation, we can't understand what you're saying. If we can't understand what you're saying, we don't know what is going on in the scene. Just a little advice to keep in mind.

Also, just a forewarning, some future posts may be talking about my new obsession, "RuPaul's Drag Race". I watched it for the first time tonight and I'm mildly freaking out. Therefore, you may be hearing a lot about this obsession in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment