Friday, March 17, 2017

The Phantom of the Opera

I can't tell you how many times I've watched the 25th anniversary Royal Albert Hall performance of The Phantom of the Opera on DVD. I'm so happy to finally have an outlet to review it in.

First, Ramin Karimloo as the Phantom. This man is one of the most well rated Phantoms in history. He spent 2 years as the Phantom in London as well as originating the Phantom in Love Never Dies. It was said that he brought a youthfulness, vitality, and sexiness to the role that hadn't been there in a long time. I agree with this. He was the perfect choice for the gala performance.

Next up, Sierra Boggess. She has received rave reviews as Christine in Las Vegas, on Broadway and in London. In fact, the cast of the gala performance said they were so impressed with her and her work ethic. Ramin Karimloo said that, in all the years he's been onstage, he's never heard someone be as pitch perfect on the first day of rehearsals as Sierra was. He also was astounded at her ability to sight read music with near perfection. Clearly I love this production.

Stay tuned on Sunday for my review of "Beauty and the Beast"!

No comments:

Post a Comment